California may be known for its climate and its movie stars, but the Golden State is also home to millions of businesses of all types and sizes. In fact, more than 4 million small businesses called California home in 2022. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy, those businesses accounted for more than 99 percent of all businesses here. Last year, those businesses had more than 7 million employees, accounting for approximately of 47 percent of all California workers.
Of course, this begs a question. Do you need a business lawyer if you have your own business or you are considering starting one? You may not think so. You may think you can handle everything on your own. You may be concerned about the cost. In the short terms, your concerns may be warranted. In the long term, however, hiring an experienced Los Angeles business lawyer can save you time, money, and a lot of aggravation.
What can a Los Angeles business attorney do for you?
At the Law Office of Parag L. Amin P.C. (LawPLA) our clients include both established business owners and young entrepreneurs who are just getting started. Here are a few ways we can help in either case.
If you already have your own business in the greater Los Angeles area, our knowledgeable business lawyers can help with:
- Resolution of business or contract disputes
- Relevant real estate or business property matters
- Registering intellectual property unique to your business, such as copyrights, trademarks, patents, and so on
- Issues stemming from misuse of secured data
- Disagreements over the sale and acquisition of businesses, stocks, securities, etc.
- Business compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
We can also help with:
- Transferring business ownership or interests
- Dissolution of your business
- Implementing changes related to new laws, rules, or regulations, or a change in ownership
- Switching from one business structure to another (if necessary)
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating business contracts
If you are just starting your own business in or around LA, we can also help you with legal questions or concerns. Specifically, LawPLA’s California business attorneys can:
- Help you identify and implement the business structure that meets your current and future needs
- Draft a partnership agreement detailing each partner’s legal obligations and rights now and as circumstances change
- Draft agreements for use when hiring employees and/or independent contractors (freelancers)
- Identify and implement strategies to reduce business liability
- Identify and implement strategies to separate and safeguard your personal assets from your business activities
- Share legal advice about future expansion in the United States and abroad
You are less likely to need our help with matters such as choosing a business name, drafting a business plan, applying for an Employer Identification Number (EIN), and setting up a bank account for your business. Registering your business name in the appropriate jurisdiction (state or local) also tends to be fairly easy.
Contact LawPLA’s knowledgeable Los Angeles business lawyers today
While large national and international businesses usually have their own attorneys on staff, this isn’t an option for their smaller counterparts. As the owner of a smaller business, you can always retain an outside business lawyer for legal advice and representation. But you may be concerned about the cost of doing so.
The bottom line is that hiring an experienced California business lawyer can save you time, money and plenty of aggravation. As we have discussed LawPLA’s team of dedicated business attorneys can provide valuable legal advice tailored to your unique situation. If your business is involved in some sort of legal dispute, you can take comfort knowing that you have lawyers who know you, know your business, and have your back.
Don’t wait until your business has been sued to contact a skilled LA business lawyer. Get the peace of mind you need to focus on running your business by contacting LawPLA today. You can reach us by using the contact page on our website, or by calling one of our LA offices to schedule a consultation. We look forward to hearing from you soon.