We’re expanding our business and looking for an experienced managing attorney to ensure the success of our firm and develop the next generation of leaders in the legal industry. You’ll assist with running the firm’s operations in addition to handling your own caseload. You will advise the firm on ways to drive down costs and increase revenue to achieve our financial goals. We’ll rely on your expertise to hire great talent and uphold our reputation of excellence. We’re looking for a leader with the business acumen and drive to take us to that next level. If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore, let’s get in touch.
- Build up the credibility of the law firm to the community by planning, organizing, and speaking at events such as webinars, media events, marketing initiatives, etc.
- Manage law office operations including establishing the structure of the law firm, ensuring the team understands our values, and helping to make strategic business decisions to ensure we achieve our company goals
- Take charge of recruiting, hiring, training, motivating, and developing senior attorneys, associate attorneys, paralegals and support staff to strengthen our legal team
- Maintain and develop your own client caseload (particularly handling complex cases) to continue your practice as an attorney
- Assure that clients are satisfied with our legal services by evaluating their quality and our legal team’s productivity and making suggestions for improvement
- You will be responsible for overseeing the pre-litigation and litigation strategy for cases and overseeing paralegals and contract lawyers at the Law Office of Parag L. Amin, P.C. (“LawPLA”).You will also have to handle some aspects of cases, including potentially drafting motions, attending hearings, etc. You will also be expected to bill 20 hours per week on cases
- If the case is in litigation, you will be responsible for overseeing pleadings, motions, discovery, the selection of experts, and ultimately trial if the case goes to trial. You must meet all case deadlines and be able to oversee the cases with minimal oversight
- You will also meet with the firm’s principal once or twice a month to review cases, production and to make recommendations regarding the cases
- Great leadership, relationship building, process improvement, and communication skills are needed in this role
- Bachelor’s degree and a 3-year law degree from an accredited law school
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an attorney
- Superior proficiency in reviewing reports, budgets, and advanced computer skills
- Decision-making, public speaking and supervisory experience is required
- California State Bar License in good standing
- No prior disciplinary record
- Minimum of 3+ years of litigation experience
- Trial experience
- Must have independently managed at least 30 cases at a time from start to finish
- 3 professional references
About Law Office of Parag L. Amin, P.C.
The Law Office of Parag L. Amin, P.C. was founded in 2012 and prides itself in delivering exceptional results to clients while balancing the well-being of its professionals. Our primary clients are business owners facing business and employment disputes. The firm’s philosophy is that exceptional client results are driven by highly motivated professionals who are given the time and resources to take care of their work and themselves. We don’t believe in just doing things — we believe in doing them exceptionally.
Apply for this job